Conditions of use
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED FOR CONSUMER USE ONLY.
WHAT'S IN THESE CONDITIONS OF USE?
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO GO STRAIGHT TO MORE INFORMATION ON EACH AREA:
TO CONTACT BEIERSDORF, PLEASE CONTACT US
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
BEIERSDORF RECOMMENDS THAT YOU PRINT A COPY OF THESE CONDITIONS OF USE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
These Conditions of Use refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of this website:
• If you purchase products from our website, our General Terms and Conditions will apply to the sales.
Materials such as pictures, photos, graphics, logos, videos, films, audio files and text (the “material”) are used on the website. Beiersdorf is the owner or is permitted to use all intellectual property rights in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Any use of the material beyond purely private purposes shall require Beiersdorf’s prior written consent. The same shall apply to any alteration of the material, in particular translation or any other form of processing, and to any passing on of the material.
If material is explicitly provided for download on the website (for example in the Media Centre), the special terms and conditions of use detailed there shall apply.
Our website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these Conditions of Use and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Conditions of Use.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
The content on this website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
Although Beiersdorf makes reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, Beiersdorf provides no assurances, promises or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the website is accurate, complete or up-to-date and it does not in any way constitute medical or specialist advice.
Where this website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by Beiersdorf of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
Beiersdorf has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the website. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us.
• Beiersdorf does not exclude or limit in any way Beiersdorf's liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of Beiersdorf's employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
Please note that this website is intended for domestic and private use by consumers only. You agree not to use this website for any commercial or business purposes. Beiersdorf excludes all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this website or any content on it.
Beiersdorf will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our website; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on or downloaded from the website.
In particular, Beiersdorf will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
• Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
• We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Conditions of Use, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaching these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
The following content guidelines govern your conduct associated with the Customer Ratings and Reviews and/or Questions and Answers service offered by Beiersdorf.
By submitting any content to the website, you agree that:
• You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights in the content;
• All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you (which means that you agree not to assert your right to be identified as the author of the content);
• All content that you post is accurate;
• You are at least 18 years old;
• Use of the content you supply does not violate these Conditions of Use and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
You further agree that you may not submit any content:
• That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
• That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
• That violates any laws (including, but not limited to, those governing consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
• That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
• For which you were paid or otherwise compensated by any third party;
• That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
• That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to compensate us in full for all claims , damages and expenses that are foreseeable including reasonable lawyers' fees, arising out of your breach of the above terms set out in this section, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party. Damages are foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the agreement was entered into, both parties knew it might happen.
For any content that you submit, you grant us permission to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create additional works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. This permission is an ongoing permission that you cannot revoke or charge us money for and we are free to transfer that right to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Beiersdorf reserves the right to block your access to the login area if you violate these Conditions of Use and/or any applicable laws. In which case, the use of the login area is no longer permitted and any further use is therefore unauthorised.
Each of the clauses of these Conditions of Use operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Conditions of Use, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaching these terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
If you wish to notify us of any infringements of rights on our website, please do not hesitate to contact us at Beiersdorf UK, Trinity Business Park, Birmingham, B37 7ES, United Kingdom, Tel: +44 (0)121 329 8800. Contact us.
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse this website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which this website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this website. You must not attack this website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Beiersdorf will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this website will cease immediately.
If you are a consumer, please note that these Conditions of Use, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.