There are other steps, not related to nutrition, that you can take to help reduce blemishes and care for your skin. You can read more about these in the ideal skincare routine for blemish-prone skin, acne and stress, does exercise help acne.
If your acne persists, and continues to bother you, consult your doctor for advice on the many other measures you can try, including medical treatment options, to help reduce and remove blemishes.
1) Significance of diet in treated and untreated acne vulgaris. A Kucharska, A. Szmurli, B. Sińska. Postepy Dematol Alergol, 2016 April, 33(2): 81-6
2) Acne and nutrition: a systemic review. F. Fiedler, G. Stangl, E. Fielder, K-M. Taube, 26 April 2016. Acta Derm Venerol 2017, 97: 7-9
3) Acne and nutrition: a systemic review. F. Fiedler, G. Stangl, E. Fielder, K-M. Taube, 26 April 2016. Acta Derm Venerol 2017, 97: 7-9
4) Acne and diet. R. Wolf R, H. Matz, E. Orion. Clin Dermatol. 2004 Sep-Oct; 22(5):387-93
5) Schaefer O. When the Eskimo comes to town. Nutr Today. 1971;6:8–16
6) Bendiner E. Disastrous trade-off: Eskimo health for white “civilization” Hosp Pract. 1974;9:156–89
7) Diet and acne revisited. Thiboutot DM, Strauss JS Arch Dermatol. 2002 Dec; 138(12):1591-2.
8) Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization. Cordain L, Lindeberg S, Hurtado M, Hill K, Eaton SB, Brand-Miller J Arch Dermatol. 2002 Dec; 138(12):1584-90.
9) Skin diseases in Kenya. A clinical and histopathological study of 3,168 patients. Verhagen AR, Koten JW, Chaddah VK, Patel RI Arch Dermatol. 1968 Dec; 98(6):577-86.
10) Skin diseases in Zambia. Ratnam AV, Jayaraju K, Br J Dermatol. 1979 Oct; 101(4):449-53.
11) The age distribution of common skin disorders in the Bantu of Pretoria, Transvaal. Park RG Br J Dermatol. 1968 Nov; 80(11):758-61.
12) Epidemiological survey of skin diseases in schoolchildren living in the Purus Valley (Acre State, Amazonia, Brazil). Bechelli LM, Haddad N, Pimenta WP, Pagnano PM, Melchior E Jr, Fregnan RC, Zanin LC, Arenas A Dermatologica. 1981; 163(1):78-93.
13) Diet and acne. W.P. Bowe, S.S. Joshi, A.R. Shalita, J AM Acad Dermatol. July 2010, 63(1):124-41.
14) Does the plasma level of vitamins A and E affect acne condition? Z. El-Akawi, N. Abdel-Latif, K. Abdul-Razzak. Clin Exp Dermatol. May 2006, 31(3):430-4 5 Capitanio et al from British Journal of Dermatology 2007. Ed. 157 pp1040-1085