Other ways to help unclog pores
As well as using Eucerin DermoPurifyer products to treat clogged pores, a healthy lifestyle can have a positive effect on the skin. This includes as little stress as possible (e. g. through relaxation methods), sufficient sleep (about 7 to 8 hours) and, if possible, abstaining from alcohol and nicotine.
Consider these other lifestyle changes if you’re suffering with clogged pores:
- Steam bath: A steam bath also effectively opens clogged pores so that dirt and debris can be released, and the skin's texture is refined and refreshed. A steam bath works especially well if you add skin-soothing chamomile flowers or a few drops of anti-inflammatory tea tree oil to the hot water. Simply hold your face over the steam bath for 10 minutes with a towel over your head at a distance of about 30 cm and cleanse well afterwards.
- Change clothes regularly for clogged pores on the body: For clogged pores on the back, you should make sure to wear breathable clothing (e. g. cotton) that fits loosely. In addition, the clothes that touch the skin should be changed daily.
- Diet: An unhealthy diet (lots of saturated fatty acids, white flour, and sugar) can have a negative effect on the appearance of the skin. Seborrhea triggered by poor nutrition can result in clogged pores and the development or aggravation of blemished skin and acne. Try to make sure you eat a balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables as well as whole grains. The food should be as unprocessed as possible. Learn more about how you can use nutrition to treat acne and blocked pores. You should also drink enough (about 2 litres a day). It is best to reach for water and unsweetened tea.
- Limit sun exposure: Spending time in the sun is a great thing, but it can increase your chances of clogged pores, especially if you already have an oily skin type. The reason for this is that your skin will overcompensate by releasing an abundance of sebum when it becomes dry from sunlight. Keeping your skin hydrated is not only good for your health, but it’s also good for your skin. Learn more about how the sun can affect acne and clogged pores.
How to unclog pores
There are several ways to open clogged pores and prevent their recurrence. Among the methods of treatment of clogged pores are:
The Eucerin DermoPurifyer Cleansing Gel is a non-comedogenic face wash that clears away excess sebum and gently removes dirt and remnants of makeup. After cleansing, a toner helps prepare the skin for care. Eucerin DermoPurifyer Toner has a formula with lactic acid, which unclogs pores. Following this, you should care for your skin with a soothing and mattifying moisturiser such as Eucerin DermoPurifyer Mattifying Fluid. The fluid prevents excess sebum production and has an anti-shine effect.
In addition, use a cleansing scrub once or twice a week to cleanse the skin in depth and open the pores. The DermoPurifyer Scrub for example reduces impurities and blackheads. Read more about how to exfoliate your skin.
Daily cleaning with suitable products
Daily facial cleansing is the basis for opening clogged pores. If you suffer from rather oily skin with clogged pores, you should use creams and skin care products that are non-comedogenic. Non-comedogenic means that a product neither triggers nor promotes acne due to the composition of its ingredients. Pore-opening and cleansing ingredients ensure a clear complexion and act preventively against the development of new impurities. The DermoPurifyer product line offers products that work against blemishes and pimples. The products tackle the main problems of blemished skin:
- Microinflammation: the main cause of acne
- Excessive sebum production (seborrhea)
- Hyperkeratosis (a thickening of the outer layers of the skin)
- Bacterial growth, which leads to visible inflammation